Who doesn’t love brownies? They’re an all time classic sweet treat, so, of course, I had to find a healthy version of them! Using wholemeal flour, these rich sweets will keep you going for the day- so yes, what I am saying is that you could even have them for breakfast. But personally, after dinner is when I crave my sweets. The beauty with these brownies is that you can decorate them and flavour them however you’d like! I chose choc ganache, raspberries and coconut flakes. If you have more of a sweet tooth then I’d definitely urge to put ganache on the top as it gives them an extra flare of sweetness.
1 cup of wholemeal flour
1/2 of cacao or cocoa
1/2 of rice bran syrup or organic maple syrup
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1/3 cup of melted butter
1 cup of Dark Chocolate
1/4 cup milk
1. Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients into a mixing bowl until all lumps are gone.
3. Add the rice bran syrup, milk and butter and whisk until smooth.
4. Grease the molds/tray (For the molds, I used cookie cutters but you can just use a regular brownie tray).
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Heat the milk gently until just boiling, pour over chocolate and mix together until it is smooth.
7. Dip the completely cooled brownies and refrigerate until the ganache sets.