I absolutely love dumplings. It’s one of those foods that you keep eating and you never seem to get full…and they’re so versatile! You can fill them with any filling you could imagine. In this recipe I used pork, prawn, ginger, garlic and chives. But you can use any filling you want to, my personal favourites are prawn and ginger, scallop, and mushrooms if you’re wanting vegetarian options. They can also be made vegan! I cheated with these by using store bought dumpling wrappers, but they can be homemade too. However, they’re quite time consuming and are hard to make. But one day I will attempt to make them and Ill let you guys know how I go! If you’re feeling peckish, try and make these cheap, easy and delicious dumplings.
- 500g ground pork
- 200g green prawn, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3tsp ginger, minced
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 cup shitake mushrooms
- 1/4 chopped chives
- 2 packets of dumpling wrappers
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Spoon about 1/2 tbsp of mixture onto the dumpling wrapper. Now explaining how to wrap the dumpling is difficult through words so I have attached a video below on different ways to shape your dumplings.
- Steam for about 15 minutes or until the middle is fully cooked.